Good things take time. But if you are a property owner or landlord with little time to spare, this is not exactly the type of news you want to hear. Well yes, even the process of hiring a property management company in San Diego, California can be time-consuming but if you want to hire a responsible property manager, the time and effort you put into it will be worth your while and save you time going forward.
There are many compelling reasons to hire a property manager. Whether it’s property marketing, scheduling prompt property repairs and timely maintenance, rental analysis, tenant screening or even evictions, your trusted property manager will stay on top of things. But how do you hire a property manager who will do the job diligently?
When do you need a property manager?
Hiring a property manager is a convenient solution. You should definitely consider hiring a property management company if any of the following apply:
- You are not interested in performing day-to-day hands-on management duties
- You are not interested in hiring a resident manager and becoming an employer
- You doubt your ability to handle conflict
- You already have a day job and landlording isn’t it
- Your scope of management tasks abruptly got much bigger
- You are strapped for time
- You have multiple properties/rental units
- You life far away from the property
- You have the means to afford the property management service
- Your property participates an affordable housing program
How do I choose a property manager?
If you want to make the most out of your property’s potential, you first need to make sure you are surrounded by associates you can trust. Full-service property management takes time, skills and, preferably, experience.
A competent manager you can trust to manage your property in a responsible manner needs to be responsive to you but at the same time demonstrate self-reliance and independence during the problem-solving and decision-making process pertaining to property management, leases and maintenance.
Outstanding communication skills are among the key assets of a professional property manager. In their capacity, property managers need to interact and manage relations with tenants, contractors, vendors and prospective investors.
In order to find a professional property manager to take over the full scope of management services, here is what to pay attention to:
- Do I need to pay for the initial rental analysis?
- Will they advertise and market the property using listing services and online tools?
- How will they find and attract potential tenants?
- Do they conduct full tenant screening (credit, income, criminal and eviction history)?
- Does the service cover responding to emergencies and handling evictions?
- Who coordinates tenants moving in and moving out?
- Who is responsible for lease agreements?
- What does the maintenance aspect of the service involve?
- Will they address legal issues and ensure compliance?
- Will they manage finances and rent collection?
- Will they require any engagement or involvement on your part?
How does hiring a property manager work?
If you do not want to do the job yourself or hire a resident manager but definitely need someone to manage your asset, you will need a property management company. Before you outsource the management of your asset to a professional property manager, you need to practice caution during the selection process to protect yourself and minimize risks.
To shortlist prospective property management companies, you should:
- Seek recommendations from people in the know
- Search professional directories online
- Interview property management companies so they can answer your questions and address your concerns
Your full-service property management in San Diego, California
We can help you build a strategy to make your property located in a premium San Diego location of Cortez Hill even more attractive to prospective tenants or investors. Lofty Property Management has a strong reputation and track record in the industry.
We will handle everything: property marketing and promotion, budget planning and rent collection, paperwork and technicalities such as lease and maintenance agreements, tenant, contractor and vendor management, evictions and crisis resolution and more.
We will do our share of the work confidently and responsible to give you a high standard of service that you want and need for your property. Contact us to schedule your appointment today!